Class 5 for goods under the International Classification of Goods and Services.
This class includes pharmaceuticals, medical and veterinary preparations; sanitary preparations for medical purposes; dietetic food and substances adapted for medical or veterinary use, food for babies; dietary supplements for humans and animals; plasters, materials for dressings; material for stopping teeth, dental wax; disinfectants; preparations for destroying vermin; fungicides, herbicides.
Class 5 includes mainly pharmaceuticals and other preparations for medical or veterinary purposes.
This Class includes, in particular:
- sanitary preparations for personal hygiene, other than toiletries;
- diapers for babies and for incontinence;
- deodorants other than for human beings or for animals;
- medicated shampoos, soaps, lotions and dentifrices;
- dietary supplements intended to supplement a normal diet or to have health benefits;
- meal replacements and dietetic food and beverages adapted for medical or veterinary use.
This Class does not include, in particular:
- ingredients for use in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, for example, vitamins, preservatives and antioxidants (Cl. 1);
- sanitary preparations being non-medicated toiletries (Cl. 3);
- deodorants for human beings or for animals (Cl. 3);
- supportive bandages (Cl. 10);
- meal replacements and dietetic food and beverages not specified as being for medical or veterinary use, which should be classified in the appropriate food or beverage classes, for example, low-fat potato crisps (Cl. 29), high-protein cereal bars (Cl. 30), isotonic beverages (Cl. 32).