Class 42 for services under the International Classification of Goods and Services.
This class includes scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto; industrial analysis and research services; design and development of computer hardware and software.
Class 42 includes mainly services provided by persons, individually or collectively, in relation to the theoretical and practical aspects of complex fields of activities; such services are provided by members of professions such as chemists, physicists, engineers, computer programmers, etc.
This Class includes, in particular:
- the services of engineers and scientists who undertake evaluations, estimates, research and reports in the scientific and technological fields (including technological consultancy);
- computer and technology services for securing computer data and personal and financial information and for the detection of unauthorized access to data and information;
- scientific research services for medical purposes.
This Class does not include, in particular:
- business research and evaluations (Cl. 35);
- word processing and computer file management services (Cl. 35);
- financial and fiscal evaluations (Cl. 36);
- mining and oil extraction (Cl. 37);
- computer (hardware) installation and repair services (Cl. 37);
- services provided by the members of professions such as medical doctors, veterinary surgeons, psychoanalysts (Cl. 44);
- medical treatment services (Cl. 44);
- garden design (Cl. 44);
- legal services (Cl. 45).